The department of Gastroenterology of Nirmala Hospital is committed to provide comprehensive, affordable GI health care and endoscopy services round the clock. We blend clinical gastroenterology with advanced laboratory and state of the art endoscopy facilities for optimal patient care. Facilities for management of GI emergencies such as GI bleed, foreign body removal etc. are available 24hrs a day. The department is supported by a team of surgeons experienced in GI surgeries including cancer surgeries and laparoscopy. In addition, support from the well equipped department of radiology and a senior consultant pathologist is acknowledged.
The specialised liver clinic ensures adequate evaluation, regular follow up, early identification of complications and timely referral for liver transplantation. In addition a special clinic for IBD (Ulcerative colitis and crohn's disease) caters to the needs of these chronic patients.
Endoscopic procedures being performed in the department include
- Diagnostic upper GI Endoscopy and colonoscopy
- Endoscopic and colonoscopic polypectomies
- Endoscopic management of GI bleed including endoscopic variceal ligation, endoscopic sclerotherapy, glue injection, hemoclip application, adrenaline injection and cauterization
- Endoscopic stricture dilatation using SG dilators and balloon dilatation
- Achalasia dilatation
- Self expandable metallic stents for oesophageal, duodenal and colonic malignancies
- Endoscopic foreign body removal
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy
- Diagnostic ERCP
- Therapeutic ERCP procedures including sphincterotomy, CBD stone removal, stenting, mechanical lithotripsy, SEMS for malignant biliary strictures, biliary stricture dilatation, nasobiliary drainage and pancreatic endotherapy
We also aim to acquire facilities for pH monitoring, oesophageal manometry, endoscopic ultrasound and Enteroscopy in the near future indicating our constant commitment to improvement.